4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are made with 4 simple ingredients for a sweet treat that is easy to make! You only need one bowl so you can get these cookies in the oven in no time!
These four ingredient peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are almost magical. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made these when I need a last-minute dessert for a potluck or party. I always have these ingredients on hand and I can get them in the oven in 5 minutes flat!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this recipe, you just need:
- Peanut butter- You can use creamy or crunchy. Be sure it’s salted peanut butter. If not, add a pinch of salt.
- Sugar- You can use granulated sugar or brown sugar. Either one works in this recipe!
- Chocolate chips- Regular or dairy-free chocolate chips are perfect. I recommend mini chocolate chips so you get a little chocolate in every bite.
- Egg- An egg is necessary to bind the cookies together. If you want a vegan peanut butter cookie recipe, try these healthy peanut butter cookies!
How to Make 4 Ingredient Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until combined! Drop into rounded tablespoons on a baking sheet and bake until set. It’s really that simple! If you want to make your cookies look extra pretty, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top just before baking.
Cookie Baking Tips
- These cookies don’t really spread, so I recommend rolling them into a ball, then flattening them down before baking.
- They tend to brown on the bottom, so I recommend moving your oven rack to the upper-middle position.
- Let them cool before removing from the baking tray. They’ll be very soft and crumbly until cooled.
- If you’re using natural peanut butter, be sure to stir in the oil completely, before measuring out the peanut butter. Your peanut butter should be smooth and creamy, not dry and crumbly or too oily. I’ve used Skippy Natural, Peanut Butter & Co, and Trader Joe’s peanut butter.
To make these cookies dairy-free, use vegan chocolate chips. To lower the sugar content, try using nuts instead of chocolate chips. Chopped pecans are delicious! If you want to use almond butter instead, try these almond butter chocolate chip cookies!
How to Store Leftover Cookies
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The should last 4-5 days. You can also freeze these cookies for up to 1 month. Allow the cookies to thaw in the fridge overnight.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These 4 ingredient peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the easiest cookie recipe ever! With just a few simple pantry staples, you’ll be pulling fresh cookies out of the oven in no time.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy, salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Move oven rack to upper-middle position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop in tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball, then gently flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then let cool before removing from baking sheet.
Note: If you’re using unsalted peanut butter, then add in 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Keywords: 4 ingredient peanut butter chocolate chip cookies