These gluten free strawberry muffins are so moist & delicious! The mini size is perfect for snacking!
I might have been a little ambitious. I was browsing the new Wegman’s grocery store and I spotted a deal on strawberries. I just can’t pass up a sale. So I grabbed the 2lb container and put it in the cart. Once I got home, I realized I had a mountain of strawberries to consume. Not a bad problem, right?
So while I normally stick to blueberry muffins, I decided to switch it up a little and try a strawberry muffin. Their sweetness is perfect in this recipe and the almond flour is sturdy enough to handle the fruit pieces.
Since they’re made with almond flour, they’re denser than a normal muffin but they’ll definitely fill you up. These mini muffins can actually curb your appetite until your next meal!Print
Makes 6 mini muffins.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey or agave
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 medium strawberries, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a small bowl, combine the almond meal and egg.
- Stir in the agave, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Combine until completely mixed.
- Gently add in the strawberry pieces, being careful not to crush them.
- Scoop into mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until they just begin to brown on top.
These little muffins pack a punch! I loved the texture. You could obviously turn these into regular size muffins, you’d just need to bake them a little longer.
I might need to whip up a second batch of these for the weekend! Alex and I are planning on doing a little hiking this weekend and I’m hoping we’ll also have a chance to take our bikes out. While the heat hasn’t really let up, I’m getting the feeling that summer is winding down so we’re trying to make the most of it!