These gluten free strawberry muffins are made with almond flour so they’re lower in carbs and higher in protein!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, see note)
- 5 medium strawberries, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond meal and egg.
- Stir in the agave, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Combine until completely mixed.
- Sprinkle the strawberry with cornstarch and mix until evenly coated.
- Gently add in the strawberry pieces, being careful not to crush them.
- Scoop into mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until they just begin to brown on top.
The cornstarch will help absorb moisture from the strawberries so the muffins don’t get soggy.
Keywords: almond flour muffins