Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
These garlic sweet potato fries are a delicious side dish! Serve them with a creamy avocado dip for a tasty recipe that is loaded with healthy flavor!
First, let’s talk about sweet potato fries. I’ve been making them since college which means I’ve made all the mistakes you can make when baking something this simple.
Here are my tips for perfect sweet potato fries:
- If you’re making more than one pan of fries at a time, try to bake them side by side rather than on a top rack and bottom rack. This will help them cook more evenly. If you can’t place the pans side by side, rotate the pans halfway through cooking.
- Make sure you’re slicing your potatoes thinly and evenly. This will ensure even browning and will help them get crispy.
- Line your pan with parchment paper to ensure the potatoes don’t stick to the pan.
- Salt the potatoes before cooking. It will help add more flavor!
I love serving these sweet potato fries with avocado dip. It’s made with Greek yogurt for a healthy dip that pairs perfectly with the garlicky fries!
The creamy, cilantro flavor is perfect with the garlicky fries. This dip also doubles as a great sandwich spread. If you’re making veggie burgers, try them with these sweet potato fries and spread the avocado dip on top!
These garlic sweet potato fries are a delicious side dish! Serve them with creamy avocado dip for a tasty recipe that is loaded with healthy flavor!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
For the fries:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into thin wedges and toss them into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a garlic press, smash 3 cloves of garlic into a bowl. (If you don’t have a garlic press, you can just finely mince it.)
- Toss the potato wedges to coat with oil and garlic.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until lightly browned.
For the avocado dip:
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a small bowl.
- Add the yogurt and stir until combined.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lime.
- Stir in the cilantro and salt.
Keywords: Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
If you have any leftover dip, try spreading it onto a veggie burger or drizzling it over tacos!
Looking for a new twist on fries? Try these spicy chipotle sweet potato fries!
What’s your favorite type of french fry?