3-Step Pasta Bake
Sometimes I get really excited because I want to share a recipe with you all but then I get bored typing it all out. I imagine your eyes glazing over as you read through it because I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to read 100 steps unless I’m actually in my kitchen making it. And you’re probably not. You’re probably at work, looking for something to distract you from your spreadsheet.
Good news, this recipe is only 3 steps. Which saves you reading time, me typing time, and us both cooking time.
I’m really trying not to go to the grocery store every time I’m missing a few items, so I did some experimenting in order to use up what I had in my pantry. I had plenty of pasta and some ricotta so I got to work making a super simple recipe.Print
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups pasta sauce (divided)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of roasted red pepper flakes, oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your pasta and drain it.
- Combine the ricotta and 2 cups of pasta sauce, then stir in your pasta until combined. Pour over the rest of the sauce and top with cheese
- Cover it with foil, sprayed with non-stick spray, and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with spices!
Optional step: Eat.
Hello, pasta. This works so well with whole wheat noodles and you can use part skim ricotta cheese if you’re looking to shave off a few calories!
Easy. Healthy. Delicious. You’re welcome.