With just 5 ingredients, you can make a delicious vegetarian dinner!
- 12 oz whole wheat ziti noodles (or chickpea pasta)
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the ziti. Cook according to package directions.
- In a large bowl. Mix the ricotta and marinara sauce.
- Drain the ziti, saving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Add the pasta water to the ricotta mixture and stir in the ziti noodles.
- Spread in a lightly greased glass baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered, and another 10 uncovered.
- Before serving, grate the parmesan cheese over each serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and simply reheat in the microwave!
We actually halved this recipe originally, but next time I’d make the full recipe since the leftovers were delicious. If you make the full recipe, it would serve 6-8 people.
Keywords: Baked ziti