I can barely contain my excitement today! I’m sure this workday is going to crawl by because I have an amazing weekend ahead! Two of my very good friends from Ohio are on their way to Virginia for my bachelorette party this weekend! They’ll be staying with me all weekend and I can’t wait for some good old fashioned girl-time.
Since one of my friends (also my maid of honor) is gluten free, I felt like I certainly ought to welcome her to Virginia with some cookies! I used to make no-bake cookies all the time when we were in high school, so I didn’t mess around with the recipe too much. I’m not even sure where it originally came from, since it’s been copied onto post-it notes and recipe cards for years.
These are like little drops of chewy, chocolatey, fudge-y deliciousness.Print
Easy, simple, gluten free no bake cookies.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- Bring the sugar, syrup, cocoa, milk, and butter to a boil. Whisk frequently so the sugar doesn’t burn. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats until well combined.
- Spread out a sheet of waxed paper and drop in tablespoon heaps.
- Let sit overnight, then store in the fridge. They can be a little fudgey, so keep them cold before eating!
I also ordered some fruit, veggies, and healthy gluten free snacks from Relay Foods… but sometimes you just need a cookie. Right? These should keep us fueled through plenty of Bachelorette activities this weekend.