Healthy Honey Mustard Dip
This post is sponsored by FitJoy. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own and I only work with brands that I know and love!
Looking for a new snack idea? This healthy honey mustard dip is the perfect dipping sauce for salty, crunchy, pretzels! It’s thick and creamy, with no mayonnaise required!
I love salty snacks. Popcorn, pretzels, tortilla chips… those are my weakness. But luckily, healthy options have been popping up on the market! I recently tried FitJoy’s grain-free pretzels, and I have to say I was impressed. These pretzels are salty and crunchy, and you’d never guess they’re made without traditional flour. These pretzels are a blend of cassava flour, chickpea flour, and potato starch. Perfect for anyone who is gluten-free or avoiding grains!
To keep things light and healthy, I wanted to pair it with a yummy dip recipe that wouldn’t feel heavy. While I love a spicy mustard dip with pretzels, I was craving a slightly sweeter option. To make it creamy without using mayonnaise, I used tahini as the base. With a touch of honey and a few spices from my pantry, this dip was ready in no time!
Tips for the perfect honey mustard dip
- Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds, so it’s vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free! It makes this dip super creamy without having to add oil or mayonnaise. It’s pretty thick, so feel free to use additional water to thin out this dip.
- You can adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet you like it! I recommend tasting it with a pretzel, rather than with a spoon, so you can decide how it pairs with the amount of salt.
- To make this recipe vegan, use agave or maple syrup instead of honey. Technically, it won’t be “honey” mustard, but I don’t think anyone will mind!
This healthy honey mustard dip is the perfect dipping sauce for salty, crunchy, pretzels! It’s thick and creamy, with no mayonnaise required!
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave, if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of water to thin (plus more if needed)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, honey, mustards, lemon juice, and water.
- Add additional water to thin, if needed.
- Serve as a pretzel dip with FitJoy Pretzels!
- Store in an airtight container in the refridgerator.
When preparing, taste the dip with a pretzel first, then add salt if needed.
Keywords: healthy honey mustard
This dip is delicious served with FitJoy’s grain-free pretzels! As someone who loves salty snacks, this might become a new favorite! These pretzels would also be good dipped in za’atar hummus or even peanut butter! If you want to try FitJoy for yourself, you can save 15% using the code VEGETABLES15 on their website!
What’s your favorite salty snack?