Winter can be a little depressing when it comes to fresh produce but luckily, citrus fruit is the silver lining! I love grapefruits and this grapefruit parfait is a fun way to switch up your yogurt routine when berry season is over.
These grapefruit parfaits use protein-packed Greek yogurt, tart grapefruit, and crunchy almonds to create a quick and easy breakfast that is healthy and delicious! Of course, you don’t have to limit this to breakfast. I had mine for dinner! 🙂
This makes one large parfait but you could divide it up into two smaller ones if you like!
- 2/3 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 small grapefruit
- 1 tsp honey (more if you like it sweet!)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Segment the grapefruit with a sharp knife, so you have grapefruit flesh without the pith. The goal is to cut all the skin away but leave as much of the fruit as possible!
- In a large glass, spoon half the Greek yogurt into the bottom of the glass.
- Top with a few pieces of grapefruit.
- Add more yogurt and top with more grapefruit.
- Drizzle with honey and add almonds on top.
I added a bit of stevia to my yogurt to make it a bit sweeter but you could add more honey if you like! I loved the creamy yogurt combined with the tangy grapefruit!
I actually love grapefruits on their own. The bitterness totally doesn’t bother me. Does anyone else eat a grapefruit just like an orange?
You might have seen me prepping this little dish on Snapchat! If you want to see some behind the scenes (and maybe a few selfies) follow me on Snapchat at HeartVegetables!