Easy Vegan Snickerdoodles
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Starbucks®. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are around the corner, and I’m already feeling festive! I’ve been baking up a storm, getting ready for holiday parties and family gatherings. I wanted to create a Vegan Snickerdoodle recipe, and I love how these cookies turned out! They’re fluffy and tender with plenty of cinnamon!
Of course, when you’re enjoying a cookie, you have to have it with a cup of coffee. This season, you can find me sipping on a mug of Starbucks® Holiday Blend coffee! I love sipping on a cup of coffee while I’m baking or wrapping gifts!
Now let’s talk about these snickerdoodle cookies! If you love cinnamon, these are a must-make. Share them with friends and family during all of your holiday traditions! Whether that’s wrapping gifts or decorating a tree, everything’s better with sweet treats and coffee!
Tips for the Perfect Snickerdoodles
- Be sure to move the oven rack to the correct position. If the rack is too low, the bottoms will brown too quickly.
- Make sure the coconut oil is completely melted before mixing. This will help you incorporate it into the dough.
- Cream of tartar is a must-have to help these cookies lift and give them a fluffy texture.
- If you’re wondering why there is vinegar in a cookie recipe, the vinegar reacts with the baking soda to add additional lift. Do not omit.
This vegan snickerdoodles are soft and chewy with crispy edges. These are the perfect cookie to enjoy during the holidays while sipping on a cup of coffee!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for dusting)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Move the oven rack to the top-middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the melted coconut oil and sugar together for 3 minutes, until completely blended.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, applesauce, and almond milk until mixed.
- Stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and shape into a ball.
- Gently dip the cookie in the cinnamon-sugar combination.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom. (Do not over bake!)
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Keywords: vegan snickerdoodles
Holiday Cookie Recipes
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes? here are a few of my favorites!
What’s your favorite type of cookie?