This vegan snickerdoodles are soft and chewy with crispy edges. These are the perfect cookie to enjoy during the holidays while sipping on a cup of coffee!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for dusting)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Move the oven rack to the top-middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the melted coconut oil and sugar together for 3 minutes, until completely blended.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, applesauce, and almond milk until mixed.
- Stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and shape into a ball.
- Gently dip the cookie in the cinnamon-sugar combination.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom. (Do not over bake!)
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Keywords: vegan snickerdoodles