I know it’s not officially summer yet but it’s been hot here so it definitely feels like summer. We had some friends over last weekend and I told you about the feta + cream cheese crackers I made but I did not tell you about the sangria! When Alex and I were in DC a couple weeks ago, I had the sangria at Catch 15 and it was awesome. I’ve been dreaming of it ever since so I decided the weekend would be a good time to test out some sangria recipes!
I kept this one super simple because I hate having to go to the grocery store for one or two ingredients. These are all things you probably have in your fruit dish + fridge so dive in!Print
You can use any red wine for this but just make sure it’s not too sweet.
- 1 bottle of red wine (we used a red blend)
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 8-12 oz of soda water (optional)
- Rinse the orange and lemon.
- Slice the ends off and slice the rest of the lemon and orange into thin slices, and halve the slices.
- Add the fruit, red wine, and orange juice into a large pitcher.
- Let sit for at least 3 hours before serving.
- If you want to dilute it a bit, you can add some soda water. If you like it stronger, you can drink it as-is.
Speaking of cheers, I’ll be raising a glass to my best friend as she ties the knot with the love of her life this weekend! I can’t wait to celebrate! It’s going to be a marvelous long weekend! It’s crazy to think that this time last year, I was getting married. Being on the other side makes me really appreciate all the effort that goes into a special day!
Looking for more drink ideas? Try this sparkling white sagnra!
What are you celebrating? Spring? Coffee? A long weekend?