Easy Citrus Sangria
This easy citrus sangria infuses red wine with lemon and oranges for a sweet and fruity drink. It only takes a few minutes to make and it’s perfect for a warm summer night!
Sangria is a great drink for summer and I kept this sangria a little less boozy than most recipes. I wanted something that I could sip on for a while without having to worry about drinking too much! Many sangria recipes include liquor but you don’t need that for this recipe!
Citrus Sangria Ingredients
- Red wine
- Orange juice
- Soda water
How to Make Sangria
Wash the lemon and orange to ensure the peel is clean. Slice the fruit into 1″ slices, then slice each piece in half. Pour the wine and lemon juice into a large pitcher, and add the fruit.
Let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but longer is better! If you like, you can add soda water just before serving.
- Try this with two limes instead of a lemon for a unique twist!
- If you wanted to make this drink extra boozy, add 1/2 cup of triple sec.
- If you’re looking for a recipe with white wine, try this sparkling sangria recipe!
You can use any red wine for this but just make sure it’s not too sweet.
- 1 bottle of red wine (we used a red blend)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 8–12 oz of soda water (optional)
- Rinse the orange and lemon.
- Slice the ends off and slice the rest of the lemon and orange into thin slices, and halve the slices.
- Add the fruit, red wine, and orange juice into a large pitcher.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you want to dilute it a bit, you can add some soda water. If you like it stronger, you can drink it as-is.
Keywords: Citrus Sangria
If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic drink that will cool you down try this melon agua fresca!
What’s your favorite summertime drink?