Banana Bread Oatmeal
This banana bread oatmeal is made with cinnamon and walnuts to give you all the flavors of banana bread in one easy bowl! This quick and easy breakfast recipe is perfect for busy mornings!
Banana bread is one of my favorite quick breads, but sometimes I don’t have time to make a whole loaf of bread. That’s why this banana bread oatmeal is perfect for when the craving strikes!
Banana Bread Oatmeal Ingredients
This simple banana bread oatmeal is made with a few simple ingredients:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice
Tips for Making Oatmeal in the Microwave
I like to make my oatmeal in the microwave because it’s fast and easy! Here are my tips for making oatmeal in the microwave:
- Use a large bowl, as oatmeal will expand rapidly while cooking. Just to be safe, I use a bowl that holds about 6 cups when I’m cooking 1/2 cup of oats.
- Add 1 cup of water for every 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- Microwave for 2 1/2-3 minutes on 70% power. You may need to adjust slightly based on your microwave. By not cooking at full power, you can avoid the oatmeal boiling over.
- After 2 1/2 minutes, carefully remove the oats from the microwave (the bowl will be very hot!) and stir vigorously. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- old fashioned oats
- banana, sliced and divided
- chopped walnuts
- Honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Add the oats to a large microwave-safe bowl
2. Microwave for 2 1/2-3 minutes on 70% power. You may need to adjust slightly based on your microwave. By not cooking at full power, you can avoid the oatmeal boiling over
3. After 2 1/2 minutes, carefully remove the oats from the microwave (the bowl will be very hot!) and stir vigorously. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
4. While the oatmeal is cooking, cut the banana in half. Mash half the banana, and slice the remaining half.
5. Once the oatmeal is cooked, stir the mashed banana into the oatmeal.
6. Top the oatmeal with remaining banana slices, cinnamon, walnuts. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
Keywords: banana bread oatmeal
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try this peach raspberry smoothie bowl!