- old fashioned oats
- banana, sliced and divided
- chopped walnuts
- Honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Add the oats to a large microwave-safe bowl
2. Microwave for 2 1/2-3 minutes on 70% power. You may need to adjust slightly based on your microwave. By not cooking at full power, you can avoid the oatmeal boiling over
3. After 2 1/2 minutes, carefully remove the oats from the microwave (the bowl will be very hot!) and stir vigorously. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
4. While the oatmeal is cooking, cut the banana in half. Mash half the banana, and slice the remaining half.
5. Once the oatmeal is cooked, stir the mashed banana into the oatmeal.
6. Top the oatmeal with remaining banana slices, cinnamon, walnuts. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
Keywords: banana bread oatmeal