I know, I know. The world doesn’t need another pumpkin muffin recipe. BUT if the rest of the world is as lazy as I am then it needs this recipe. Truthfully, I’m not much of a baker. All that measuring and sifting… dry ingredients, wet ingredients… two bowls?! Are you crazy!? Complicated recipes are not my style and baking usually feels complicated.
But not this recipe.
This is a stir-it-up-in-one-bowl-and-eyeball-it kind of recipe. It also just so happens to be gluten free and vegan. Not because I am gluten free OR vegan but because I like it when everyone can enjoy a recipe. Except for paleo. Sorry paleo-people. But I don’t think cavemen ate muffins anyway.
I was just craving a chocolate chip pumpkin muffin. I couldn’t get it out of my head. I was drooling over recipes on Pinterest while thinking about how I did not want to go to the store just to buy some eggs. It’s a tough life, I know. Luckily, this little muffin experiment worked out.
The trick is to use a mix. I know, it’s sort of like cheating, but you’re not going to follow the directions on the box.
The box might say oil or eggs or butter or something like that but NO. We’re just using straight up pumpkin. That’s IT. My mix was gluten free but I think this would work just as well with a regular mix. As long as you find something that makes a dozen regular sized muffins, you’ll be good to go. Mine made about 24 mini muffins.Print
- 1 box of gluten free muffin mix (I love Enjoy Life!)
- 1 15oz can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Optional: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and/or pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- If you’re adding any spices, go ahead and stir those into the mix. I used 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of ginger. But this is optional depending on how much you like pumpkin pie flavors!
- Stir in the pumpkin until it’s not super clumpy. Again, this doesn’t have to be exact.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and scoop rounded tablespoons into each cup. It should make about 24 mini muffins.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. They just just start to pull away from the sides but you don’t want them to brown.
These little guys didn’t last long. I actually intended to take some with me to work but I forgot them at home… which meant that all of these little guys were devoured by me. oops.
Don’t forget to pin these so you can make them later!
I’ll definitely be whipping up a batch of these again! Enjoy Life sent me a few of their mixes a while back but this isn’t a sponsored post or anything. I just really do love their products! If you or someone in your family has allergies, (or if you just love food) I’d highly recommend them!