I feel kind of silly sharing this recipe because it is so easy. Some friends and I have a (sort of) monthly cooking club and yesterday, was a Thanksgiving theme. I thought about making pie but I really wanted to get an ice cream cake for my friend Emily’s birthday so I started thinking… why not make an ice cream pie?. As it turns out, this was way easier than I expected. If you are looking for a super easy dessert recipe (or you’re just lazy, or busy, or you have better things to do than slave away in the kitchen all day) then this dessert is for you.
- 1 package of cookie dough (or 1 batch of homemade cookie dough ~2 dozen cookies worth)
- 1 qt of cookie dough ice cream
- ¼ cup hot fudge
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Press the cookie dough into a non-stick pie pan so there is a thin, even layer across the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the sides begin to brown. It's ok if it's still a tiny bit soft in the middle.
- Let cool for 1 hour. You can pop it in the freezer for a bit if you're short on time.
- Let the ice cream sit out for a few minutes to soften, then press it into the pie pan. You can use your hands or a rubber spatula to get it smooth.
- Drizzle with hot fudge and swirl across the top. (You might need to microwave the fudge for a bit to get it to melt, but you don't want it too hot or it'll melt the ice cream.)
- Put it back in the freezer for 2 hours to let the ice cream refreeze.
- Slice and serve when ready!
Luckily, all of this cookie dough pie got eaten… because I don’t think the leftovers would have lasted long in my freezer. (Hellooooo late night snacking.)
If you love easy recipes, here are a few other simple desserts you might want to try: