First of all, Alex and I woke up SUPER early this morning to head to the airport so I will be drinking massive amounts of coffee today. But it’s totally worth it because we’re spending the rest of the week with one of my best friends in the whole world! Eric moved to Dallas last summer (you can read about our epic road trip here) and I’ve been lucky enough to visit him a few times, but this is the first time Alex gets to meet him! We’re flying down today and we will be working from Dallas, and spending time with Eric and his awesome boyfriend, Justin. (You guys are the best!)
Since I knew I’d be traveling today, I had a recipe all planned for you! I made it last week and I think you’ll love it. Think of it as a healthy alternative to baked pasta.
- Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half (they're a little hard to slice so be careful) and place it face down on a baking sheet.
- Spray with olive oil and roast it at 400 for about 30-40 minutes.
- Once it's soft, scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Then use a fork to pull out the squash strands.
- Scoop the squash into a small casserole dish. (I used one that was 6x8)
- Slice the zucchini into small chunks and add into the spaghetti squash.
- Mix in tomatoes, sauce, olive oil, and spices.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
It’s super filling and totally packed with vegetables.
If you don’t have extra veggies on hand and want a simpler recipe, try this stuffed spaghetti squash!
I’ll be keeping you updated on our trip to Dallas on Instagram, and if you have any restaurant suggestions, let me know!