The other day, I found myself craving chocolate & espresso… so it seemed like a good day to make Mocha Muffins, a delicious, chocolate vegan treat. YUM.
I’ve posted this before on my old blog, but in case you missed it, here’s the recipe!
These muffins are so rich and delicious. The coffee helps amplify the chocolate flavor and these almost taste like a brownie bite!
Chocolate Mocha Vegan Muffin Recipe
These vegan mocha muffins are a deliciously healthy snack!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp instant coffee or 3/4 cup of coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 3/4 cup of hot water, and let cool. The water has to be pretty hot for the coffee to dissolve, but you definitely want to let it cool, or else it’ll melt the chocolate!
- Combine all your dry ingredients (everything but the coffee, vanilla and applesauce) then slowly stir in your wet ingredients.
- Spoon into a mini muffin pan and bake at 350 for ~8 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store these muffins in an airtight container. Be sure not to overbake, or they’ll be dry.
Keywords: Vegan Muffins
If you use whole wheat flour and chickpea flour, each of these little treats will have a decent amount of fiber 🙂 And let me tell you, vegan or not, these can knock out a chocolate craving like nobody’s business!
These are healthy enough for breakfast, but delicious enough for dessert 😉