These chocolate mocha vegan muffins are insanely chocolatey, no one will ever guess they’re oil-free and vegan!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup coffee, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the applesauce, coffee, and vanilla. Mix until just combined and there are no large streaks of dry flour. Be careful not to overmix.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (You’ll have to dodge chocolate chips to do a toothpick test!) Be sure not to overbake or the muffins will be dry.
- Let cool for 2 minutes then remove from the muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack.
Note: Store these muffins in an airtight container. Be sure not to overbake.
Make sure your coffee is cooled before mixing into the batter, or it will melt the chocolate chips!
Keywords: Vegan Muffins