Spinach Dip with Greek Yogurt
This spinach dip is made with Greek yogurt! It’s just as creamy and delicious as you’d expect but with less fat and more protein. It comes together in just a few minutes so it’s perfect for a party!
When I was a vegan, the two things I missed were Greek yogurt and cheese. I could do without milk and eggs, but those 6 months without dairy left me loving cheese even more than before. Still, I’d never been a big spinach dip person. I typically avoided those creamy dips knowing they could run you hundreds of calories for a few spoonfuls.
How to Make Healthy Spinach Dip
Using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream is a great way to make spinach dip a little healthier. You can also use Greek yogurt cream cheese, instead of regular cream cheese which has more protein and less fat than traditional cream cheese. It’s an easy way to make this spinach dip healthier!
This recipe comes together really quickly! Just sautee your spinach for a few minutes until it’s wilted.
Combine the spinach with the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and cheese.
After just a few minutes, you have a creamy spinach dip that is ready to serve! You could also pop it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then just reheat it before serving!
If you love this spinach dip, you have to try this creamy spinach artichoke pasta! It’s a delicious way to enjoy these flavors in a pasta dish!Print
This skinny spinach dip is made with Greek yogurt! It’s just as creamy and delicious as you’d expect but with less fat and more protein. It comes together in just a few minutes so it’s perfect for a party!
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the spinach to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the spinach has wilted.
- Let the spinach cool slightly then transfer to a paper towel and wring out the excess water.
- Place the spinach on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and greek yogurt until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar, parmesan, garlic powder, & salt, and mix well.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Just before serving, microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until heated all the way through.
This dip can be made up to two days in advance. Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Just before serving, heat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
Keywords: spinach dip
What to Serve with Spinach Dip
There are plenty of things to serve with this spinach dip! Tortilla chips are a delicious option, but if you want healthier choices, here are a few ideas:
- Bell pepper slices
- Baked tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Whole grain crackers
- Whole wheat pita chips
For a different party recipe, try these easy antipasto skewers! They’re a great make-ahead appetizer!
What’s your favorite type of dip?
This recipe was originally published in November 2014. Updated September 2018.