This post is sponsored by So Delicious. As always, all opinions are my own and I only work with brands I know and love!
Summer is winding down but we still have a few more months of warm weather here in Richmond. It’s not like I need an excuse to eat ice cream but… the weather helps. When So Delicious reached out to tell me about their new non-dairy frozen mousse, I started dreaming up some dessert recipes.
Remember the “magic shell” topping you probably had as a kid? It was a chocolate sauce that would harden once it was drizzled onto ice cream. Well, I’ve got a homemade chocolate sauce recipe for you that will harden just like that magic shell, but it’s made with only a few simple ingredients!
I drizzled the sauce on top but if you want a slightly tidier option, you can dunk half the sandwich into the mixture and let it harden before eating.
Graham Cracker Sandwiches
These easy ice cream sandwiches are a delicious summer dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 seconds
- Total Time: 5.5 minutes
- Yield: 4 Sandwiches
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Mousse
- 4 sheets of graham crackers
- In a small microwave-safe dish, melt the coconut oil until it is liquid.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until it’s a smooth consistency. If you like a sweeter chocolate sauce, stir in the honey. If you like super dark chocolate, skip it.
- Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Break the graham crackers into squares. (You should have 8 squares.)
- Scoop ½ cup of mousse onto 4 graham crackers and then top with the second graham cracker.
- Use the back of a spoon to drizzle the sauce on top of each sandwich. The coconut oil will harden when it comes in contact with the sandwich.
- If not eating immediately, store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Keywords: Graham cracker sandwiches
The chocolate drizzle can be a bit messy but it’s worth it! I didn’t add any sweetener to mine because I like it super dark, but if you want a sweeter option you can add a little honey or your sweetener of choice.
This frozen mousse is incredibly rich and creamy but it’s dairy free! There are only 330 calories in the whole pint. The consistency is really light which made it easy to scoop and spread onto these sandwiches. I tried chocolate chip, caramel swirl, and strawberry swirl! The mousse is pretty new so if you don’t see it in stores yet, keep an eye out. And if you can’t find it right away, grab a pint of So Delicious chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream. That’s one of my favorites!