Healthy desserts can stir up a bit of a debate. In one camp, there are the advocates for the full-on indulgent treats (“moderation” is the name of the game over here) and in the other camp, you have the health-ifed recipes so you can enjoy a treat when ever you want it. Personally, I kind of like both of these approaches. Sometimes I want the real deal. I want a scoop of full fat chocolate almond chip ice cream. But then sometimes. I’m satisfied with a scoop of Halo Top or a bowl of banana “ice cream”. Truthfully, I think it’s all about what you’re craving. The great thing about these quinoa flour cookies is that I truly think it tastes like a regular cookie. Sure, it’s made with quinoa flour and it’s gluten free, but it has real sugar, eggs (with the yolk!) and chocolate chips, so you’re not skimping on the ingredients. I’d like to think of this as a real cookie with a healthy twist.
So enough with the debate, let’s get into the recipe for these quinoa flour cookies! I adapted this recipe from the Tone It Up quinoa breakfast cookie which I’d also recommend, especially if you’re looking for more of a healthy snack and less of a dessert.Print
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and coconut oil until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- These cookies won’t really spread, so shape them into a ball and then flatten slightly.
- Bake on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. (Check the bottoms, those will brown first!)
Note: If you’re having trouble finding quinoa flour, check the gluten free section of the grocery store.
These quinoa flour cookies have a super soft and fluffy texture. It’s almost like a cross between a cookie and a muffin. You could also add in almonds, walnuts, or coconut flakes if you wanted to add a little more texture!
You could also make them bigger if you like but I wanted to keep them bite sized. Perfect for a little sweet craving. (Or if you’re like me, you can throw a few of these in your purse when you’re on the go!) If you love a soft baked cookie, you have to try these.