What I [Tried] Wednesday
Yesterday was kind of a bad day. [Insert work frustrations.] But thats ok, because:
1. I usually love work, so a bad day just means that I got a little frustrated…
2. When I’m frustrated I liked to run. Or clean. And both of those were on my agenda anyway!
3. It’s a new day, and not just any day, it’s What I Ate Wednesday!!!
So in case you missed the memo, I’m a vegetarian. Why? Well, mostly because I just don’t like meat. For lots of reasons. One being the taste. Yet for some reason, this caught my eye:
And I threw it in the cart. Impulse buy? Um, yes. But I liked the Lightlife “Smart Ground” so much that I thought I’d give it a try.
So I threw together my 4 ingredient dinner:
- Veg-friendly “pork” + Whole wheat bun
- Broccoli slaw + Hummus (I needed some veggies)
And dinner was born. So how was it?
Well. The broccoli slaw topped with hummus was delicious, of course. And the “pork”… well honestly I don’t remember what pork tastes like but… I guess this tasted like pork. So I didn’t really like it.
Sometimes I’m kind of an idiot. I know.
But before the dinner fail, I went for a run, which was awesome, since I hadn’t be running for awhile. Oops. It wasn’t an easy run, (I think I’m still detoxing from the second hand smoke of the weekend) but I cranked out a few miles. Good thing I had an awesome playlist. (Thank you Wiz Khalifa. I love you.) I’m still loving my rap/mashups kind of playlist.
What kind of music is on your playlist these days?
Do you ever try things you know you won’t like? Are you an impulse buyer?