Guest Post: Eating Bird Food
Since I’m still trekking down the coast, I’ve enlisted some blogging help from one of my friends, who is a blogging inspiration! Enjoy!
Hi I Heart Vegetables readers! I’m Brittany the lady behind Eating Bird Food, a blog that features healthy and delicious recipes, workouts and a glimpse into my daily life. I’m a full-time marketing manager for an online grocery store as well as a health coach, newlywed and mom to a cute little yorkie named Olive. Through EBF I try to show that living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring, difficult or bland and that small changes can create a big impact!
I met Liz through blogging but we actually live in the same city and we’ve been friends since meeting up a few years ago! She’s one of the sweetest people I know and I’m totally pumped to be guest posting for her while she’s away on vacay this week.
Fall is probably my favorite season to cook — I’m a huge fan of the produce that’s available during the fall months (apples, greens and pumpkin… oh my) and I love the seasonal spices and flavors. Given this I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite fall recipes. Here’s the line up:
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes – If you like quinoa and sweet potatoes, you need to make these! The recipe makes a ton so you can freeze some and quickly reheat them for weeknight meal in minutes.
- Mini Vegan Pumpkin Muffins – Moist, vegan pumpkin bread turned into mini muffins. I love that they’re bite size and the fact that I can justify having them for breakfast.
- Vegetarian Chili – This chili has a nutty secret ingredient that makes for a rich, thick and hearty chili that both vegetarians and non-vegetarians will adore.
- Fall Harvest Spinach Salad – With quinoa, roasted butternut squash, apples and dried cranberries — this salad packs lots of my fall favorites into a salad.
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups – Baked pumpkin oatmeal that you can take with you on the go. It doesn’t get more convenient than this!
- Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bars – Homemade protein bars are so easy to make and of course they taste amazing when there’s pumpkin involved.
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte – Skip Starbucks, this DIY pumpkin spice latte is better for your waistline and your wallet.
- Carrot and Parsnip Soup – This is hands down one of my favorite soups! It’s warm, comforting and perfect on a chilly fall evening. Plus there’s a little added protein and texture in the soup from cooked quinoa.
- Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix – Hiking or camping this fall? Make a batch of this trail mix and you’ll have plenty of energy to hit the trails.
- Vegan Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, with pumpkin… enough said.
Thanks again to Liz for letting me guest post and share some of my favorite recipes. Feel free to stop by my blog and say hi if you’d like! 🙂