- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Bring one cup of water to a boil, and then add in the TVP.
- Remove from heat, stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin, and let stand.
- Cook the black beans over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until heated.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a skillet and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- In each taco shell or tortilla, add a scoop of TVP, a scoop of black beans, onion, avocado, and salsa. It should make 4 large tacos