This southwestern twist on a traditional baked potato is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup mild tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of cilantro (optional)
- Dash of salt
- Start by cooking the baked potatoes either in an oven or microwave. (I did mine in the microwave- just make sure you poke it with a fork first!)
- While that’s cooking, heat up the black beans in a small pot over medium heat. Lightly salt.
- In a small frying pan, heat up the corn until it begins to brown on the sides.
- When the potato is done, slice it length wise.
- Scoop out the very center and combine it with the beans, salsa and corn.
- Place it back into the center of the potato, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place it in the oven on a low broil for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, salt and cilantro until smooth. You can use a small food processor, but I just did it with a fork.
- Dip each bite into the sauce or drizzle on top! The sauce will even stay green for a few hours, since the lime juice will help it from turning brown, as traditional avocado will.