This creamy hummus has a deliciously earthy, herbal flavor thanks to a spice blend called za’atar. Although this hummus is full of complex flavors, it only takes 5 minutes to make!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon za’atar seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water (plus more, if needed)
- Place the chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to blend for 2-3 minutes until completely blended.
- Continue to add water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Taste and add additional salt, if needed.
- If you’re not serving it right away, store in the fridge and stir in a bit of water before serving, as the hummus will thicken when chilled.
Keywords: za'atar hummus