This recipe makes 6 small flatbreads.
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Pinch of dried herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, etc.)- Optional
- Combine the warm water and salt and let the salt dissolve.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Add in the whole wheat flour and work it with your hands until the moisture is distributed.
- Knead it with your hands for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut it into 8 small pieces and roll each of the pieces out into a very thin sheet.
- Heat in a pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. You won’t need any oil and as long as you use a non stick pan, you shouldn’t have any trouble flipping them.
- Let cool and then eat up!
- Keep them in an airtight container until you’re using them.
Keywords: whole wheat flatbread