This white bean casserole is made with toasted bread, fire-roasted tomatoes, and plenty of seasoning to create a uniquely delicious meal! It’s a great way to use up day-old bread.
- 8 oz crusty bread, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Crushed red pepper and salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the bread onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the toasted bread to an 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- Combine with tomatoes, cannellini beans, red onion, garlic, and oregano. Stir until mixed.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Pecorino Romano.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and salt and pepper, to taste.
Keywords: white bean casserole