This veggie rice bowl recipe is filled with rice, beans, and greens, and drizzled with a delicious cilantro sauce. This recipe was inspired by the El Jefe bowl from Roots.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pita chips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the corn on a baking sheet and roast for 5-6 minutes until it begins to brown.
- In a small food processor, add the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Add the rice and beans to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until heated.
- Divide the rice and bean mixture into two bowls. Top with kale, roasted corn, avocado, pita chips, and cilantro sauce.
Keywords: roots copycat bowl, roots copycat recipe, roots bowl, el jefe