This easy vegetarian tortellini soup is like comfort food in a bowl! Packaged tortellini helps this soup come together in minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16oz) jar of marinara sauce
- 1 (14oz) can of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 10 oz package cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 oz Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add in the diced onion and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the vegetable broth, marinara sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat.
- Just before serving, add in the frozen tortellini and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Scoop into bowls and, grate a little Romano cheese on top.
- You may need to add a little salt and pepper, depending on your marinara sauce.
Rao’s tomato basil is my personal favorite marinara sauce!
Keywords: vegetarian tortellini soup