This tortellini soup is loaded with vegetables cooked in a flavorful broth for a simple vegetarian meal that is filling and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 (14oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans
- 10 oz package cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups kale, destemmed and torn into pieces
- Parmesan cheese, basil, and red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the vegetable broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and white beans. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, basil, and/or red pepper flakes if desired.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery to the Instant Pot. Press “Sautè” and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and continue to sautè for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and white beans. Secure lid and ensure the vent is in the sealing position.
- Press “cancel” to end the sautè function. Then press “Pressure cook” and set the timer for 4 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes to come to pressure, then the timer will begin counting down.
- Once the timer runs out, quick-release the pressure by turning the vent knob to the “venting” position. Once the steam has released, remove the lid.
- Carefully add the tortellini then press the Sautè button.
- Cook the tortellini for 2 minutes then add the kale. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and divide into bowls.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, and/or red pepper flakes if desired.
Keywords: vegetarian tortellini soup