You know I love easy meals and this vegetarian lasagna soup is a delicious one-pot meal that only requires a few minutes of prep! It includes all the flavors of lasagna without the fuss.
- 1 20 oz jar Vero Gusto® Tomato and Basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8oz uncooked Barilla® lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 8 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, seasoning, and noodles
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer. and cook until noodles are soft and zucchini is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the ricotta cheese.
- Combine remaining cheese together.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top with cheese mixture.
The soup will continue to thicken as it cools. Leftovers will have a thicker consistency. If you want it more “soupy” just add a mixture of ½ broth and ½ sauce until you get the desired consistency.
Keywords: vegetarian lasagna soup