This tasty vegetarian burrito is loaded with cilantro lime rice, seasoned black beans, roasted corn, and a deliciously spicy burrito sauce for a complete meal that is packed with flavor!
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14oz can corn, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 large burrito tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado, additional cilantro, hot sauce, etc.
- Prepare the rice: Cook the rice according to package directions, then mix the cooked rice with 1 tablespoon butter, juice from half the lime, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
- Prepare the corn: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast the corn for 5-6 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Prepare the beans: Combine the black beans, cumin, chili powder, and oregano in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated. (Alternatively, you can sautè the beans in a skillet for 4-5 minutes.)
- Prepare the sauce: Blend the mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and juice from the remaining half a lime until blended.
- Assemble the burritos: Warm the tortillas in the microwave with a damp paper towel.
- Divide the rice, corn, and beans between the four tortillas.
Top each mixture with ¼ cup shredded cheese. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the burrito sauce. Roll the tortilla tightly. For a crispy burrito, heat in a lightly oiled skillet over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Note: You may have a little leftover filling. I had enough for one additional burrito, but I enjoyed it as a burrito bowl!