This vegan stuffed pepper soup is packed with protein and filled with flavor! We used textured vegetable protein in place of ground beef for a hearty soup that is completely plant-based.
- 1 cup uncooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup of broth until simmering.
- Add the broth to the TVP and set it aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the TVP, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and oregano and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and continue to cook for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Generously add salt to taste.
Keywords: Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup