These vegan raspberry muffins are soft and fluffy with a sweet crumble topping! They’re perfect for a quick breakfast on busy days. No one will guess these muffins are vegan!
For the muffins:
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
For the crumble:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 granulated cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin papers. (Optional: Spray non-stick cooking spray over each muffin paper for easier paper removal.) Set the tray aside.
- Mix the almond milk, lemon juice, sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt. Then combine it with the wet mixture. Do not overmix.
- Next, fold in the raspberries. Gently stir to combine.
- Divide the muffin batter into the prepared muffin liners.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl to make the crumble. The result should be a grainy crumble.
- Spread the crumble on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and when you insert a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let the muffins cool to room temperature before removing the paper liners or their edges will break.
Keywords: vegan raspberry muffins