These vegan potato tacos are packed with crispy potatoes, creamy avocado, and plenty of chopped veggies! These are easy to assemble and you can customize them with your favorite toppings!
- 1 medium russet potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance spread or butter (if not vegan)
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa verde
- Hot sauce, if desired
- Peel and scrub the potatoes, then shred it using a box grater or food processor.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add the shredded potatoes, onion, and bell pepper to the skillet and use the back of a spatula to press the potatoes into a thin layer, evenly across the pan.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes until the bottom is golden brown, then flip and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Divide the potatoes evenly into the tortilla shells.
- Top with avocado, salsa, and hot sauce if desired.
The red onion and bell pepper are totally optional. If I happen to have some on hand, I’ll toss it in with the potatoes.
I highly recommend salsa verde, which is a green salsa, but feel free to use red salsa if you prefer that.
Keywords: vegan potato tacos