This tasty pasta salad is filled with a rainbow of vegetables and tossed in a flavorful vinaigrette for a showstopping side dish! This make-ahead recipe is perfect for a picnic or a simple packed lunch.
- 8oz penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4oz oil packed sun-dried tomatoes (with 1 tablespoon oil reserved)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, then add one minute of cooking time past al dente.
- Drain in a colander. Rinse the pasta under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing until evenly coated.
- Combine the pasta with the arugula, bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and pepperoncini.
Keywords: vegan pasta salad