These chocolate chip cookies are made with just 7 ingredients and they’re completely oil free, gluten free and vegan! If you’re looking for a tasty dessert that everyone can enjoy, these cookies are perfect!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons applesauce (see note)
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the almond meal, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, sweetener, and vanilla until mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking pan. It should make about 12 small cookies.
- Flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon. (They won’t spread much.)
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, checking after 9 minutes. These can burn easily so make sure you keep a close eye on them. Depending on your oven, you may need to move them to the top rack so the bottoms don’t burn.
- Let sit for a few minutes to cool, then enjoy!
I prefer to use applesauce in these cookies to keep them oil free. But if you’d like to substitute oil instead, you can use a natural oil like avocado oil or grapeseed oil.
Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips to keep these cookies vegan. I like the Enjoy Life brand of dairy-free chips.
Keywords: vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies