The soy chorizo in this stew adds an amazing depth of flavor of this dish! Plus, it’s loaded with protein thanks to the “chorizo” and chickpeas!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6oz soy chorizo
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add the olive oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the soy chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and cumin and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas and continue cooking for 5 minutes. The mixture should be dry and the chickpeas will darken in color slightly.
- Add the diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt to taste.
Keywords: vegan chorizo and chickpea