This delicious butternut squash pasta is rich and creamy but completely plant-based! The best part is, it can be made in just 15 minutes!
- 8 oz rigatoni (or other short pasta)
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved
- 1 lb frozen cubed butternut squash (See note if using fresh butternut squash)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other neutral non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Steam the squash according to the package directions until the squash is very soft.
- Transfer to a blender and add the olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Add the reserved pasta water, starting with 1/2 cup of water, and blend. For a thinner sauce, continue to add pasta water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Toss with the pasta and serve immediately. For extra cheesy flavor sprinkle additional nutritional yeast on top.
Keywords: vegan butternut squash pasta