This tasty vegetable stir fry uses quinoa instead of rice for a healthy twist on your favorite weeknight meal! With a simple homemade sauce, this recipe comes together quickly and easily for a yummy, plant-based meal!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 green onions diced, white and green parts separated
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce mixture.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, using a spatula to scramble the eggs. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In the now empty skillet, add the remaining vegetable oil. Add the frozen vegetables and the white part of the green onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. (You may need to cook the vegetables a bit longer depending on the size of the vegetables.)
- Once the vegetables are tender, add quinoa and the rest of the soy sauce mixture. And cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add egg and scallion greens and continue to cook 1 minute until the egg is heated through.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
This post was originally published in April 2012. Updated December 2020.
Keywords: quinoa stir fry