These tempeh lettuce wraps are a delicious high-protein vegan meal that is packed with flavor! Add your favorite veggies and enjoy these tasty wraps!
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 8oz package tempeh, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 6 large butter lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, grated ginger, and hoisin sauce. Add the crumbled tempeh and stir until the tempeh is evenly coated.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and add the chopped vegetables. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the tempeh and continue to cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly to avoid wilting the lettuce, then divide the mixture among 5-6 lettuce cups. Top with green onions and serve.
Keywords: tempeh lettuce wraps