This deliciously creamy sun-dried tomato pasta is full of flavor but it’s so simple to make. This recipe turns basic pantry staples into a crave-worthy meal in just 15 minutes.
- 12oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4oz (about 1/2 cup) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4oz cream cheese
- 2oz (about 1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve one cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low heat and add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cream cheese and ¾ cup of pasta water and stir over low heat until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and spinach and whisk until the cheese is mostly melted.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce until the pasta is evenly coated. Add additional pasta water if the pasta is too dry. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Keywords: sun dried tomato pasta