- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeño, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 375° and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment.
- Place the portobello mushrooms hollow side up on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms for 8 minutes to help release moisture before stuffing them.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in ½ cup of the shredded cheddar.
- Spoon ¼ of the cheese and jalapeño mixture into each of the portobello caps, then top with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar.
- Place the stuffed portobellos into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden-brown.
- Serve your portobellos on a bun with avocado, lettuce, tomato, or whatever toppings you desire.
Keywords: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger