These bite-sized spinach phyllo cups are perfect for a tasty appetizer. They only take a few minutes to assemble and they’re a great make-ahead snack for a party!
- fresh spinach
- low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt cream cheese
- plain Greek yogurt
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- 2 (1.9 oz) packages of frozen phyllo shells (about 30 small pastry cups)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the spinach to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until the spinach has wilted.
- Let the spinach cool slightly then transfer to a paper towel and wring out the excess water.
- Place the spinach on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and Greek yogurt until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar, parmesan, garlic powder, & salt, and mix well.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling to each pastry cup
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve. These can be served warm or at room temperature. Be sure to chill any leftovers.
Keywords: spinach phyllo cups