These spicy sweet potato fries are oven baked but deliciously crispy!
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the sweet potato into thin, even slices
- In a large bowl or zipper-top bag, toss the sweet potato slices with cornstarch
- Toss with olive oil until evenly coated
- In a small dish, whisk together the garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle chili powder, salt, and paprika
- Sprinkle the spices over the sweet potato slices and continue to toss in the bag until evenly coated
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray
- Spread the sweet potato fries in a single layer on the sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned on both sides
- Cut the fries as evenly as possible, so they’ll all cook in the same amount of time.
- You may need to spread the fries out onto two different baking sheets to be sure you can fit them into a single layer.
- When you’re flipping the fries halfway through the baking time, swap the placement of the baking trays, for more even cooking.
Keywords: chipotle sweet potato fries