- 1 medium spaghetti squash (About 5 cups of shredded squash)
- 1 cup almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and discard the seeds.
- Turn it upside down (so the peel is facing up and the inside is facing down) and place it on a large plate. Add a bit of water to the plate and cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave for 10-15 minutes, or until the inside is soft. (Basically, you’re steaming it.) Once it slightly softened, scoop out the strands with a fork.
- While your squash is cooking, cook the almond milk + cheddar cheese over medium heat until the cheese begins to melt. Whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the flour. Let cool.
- Once the cheese mixture is cool, add in the yogurt.
- Combine the cheese mixture with the spaghetti squash “noodles” and spread in an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs (if using)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs begin to brown.