This chickpea and farro soup is healthy, filling, and packed with flavor!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked farro (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 3 kale leaves, de-stemmed and chopped
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional for topping)
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the diced onion and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring to coat with oil.
- Add in the parsley, rosemary, and garlic and continue cooking until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the broth, paprika, chickpeas, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the farro and kale.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the kale becomes bright green and the farro is heated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with parmesan, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: Farro Soup