This chickpea and farro soup is packed with vegetables and full of flavor! It’s an easy recipe to make at the start of the week and reheat for a quick lunch or dinner!
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional for topping)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Add the farro and cook for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Drain the farro and set aside.
- In a separate large pot, add the olive oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring to coat with oil.
- Add in the parsley, rosemary, paprika, and garlic and continue cooking until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the cooked farro, broth, chickpeas, and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the flavors are combined and the vegetables are softened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with parmesan, if desired.
Keywords: Farro Soup