This creamy farro dish is like a hearty risotto and you’d never guess it was vegan! Thanks to nutritional yeast and almond milk, this healthy, vegan dinner tastes like your favorite comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry semi-pearled farro
- 1 15 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Add the olive oil and garlic into a large pot and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the farro and stir for 1 minute until the farro is lightly toasted.
- Add the tomatoes and almond milk and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Simmer for another 20-30 minutes until the farro is cooked. It should be a bit chewy but not crunchy.
- Add salt to taste and top with pine nuts before serving.
Keywords: Tomatoes and farro