This shredded brussels sprout salad is a delicious side dish filled with roasted walnuts, sweet apples, and crunchy vegetables, drizzled with a homemade vinaigrette. This recipe is quick to assemble, and it’s a great make-ahead salad!
For the salad
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 lb shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red apple, diced
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a small baking pan with parchment.
- Spread walnuts evenly on the baking pan. Toast for 8-11 minutes until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- While the walnuts are toasting combine the Brussels sprouts, celery, carrot, and apple.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the toasted walnuts just before serving.
The salad tastes best if allowed to rest for 1-2 hours in the fridge before serving. Just leave the walnuts off until ready to serve.
Keywords: shredded Brussels sprout salad